1. You will have the opportunity to worship God.
2. You will likely gain some insight into life's big questions.
3. It will help set direction for your life.
4. You will probably make some new friends.
5. You'll probably see some old friends.
6. You'll be encouraged in your walk with God.
7. You'll likely encourage other people in their walk with God.
8. People who attend church usually live longer (I didn't make this one up... google it!)
9. It will give you an outlet for service and ministry.
10. It can help you develop personal leadership.
11. It will carry you during the week.
12. It will encourage you that God is good (if it doesn't, it should).
13. It will help you to look outside yourself.
14. It will provide an opportunity to give financially to those in need.
15. You'll receive love from other people.
16. You'll be able to show love toward others.
17. You'll hear about the great things God is doing locally and throughout the world.
18. You'll be prayed for.
19. You will be able to pray for others.
20. You will be able to share stories of God working in your life.
21. You will be able to worship God with other likeminded people.
22. You've probably got nothing better to do. (Watching TV, or sleeping-in don't count as better!)
23. Because gathering is part of what it means to be a Christian.
24. Because it's good to have your views and opinions challenged.
25. Because we all need regular reminders of our relationship with Jesus.
26. It will help you acknowledge and confess your sins.
27. It helps you to be in the world, but not of it.
28. It will help you end one week, and starts the next, with the right focus.
29. It's a break from work.
30. It will help you re-order your priorities.
31. It will help you put your life story, into the grand narrative of scripture.
32. It will remind you that you have nothing to fear.
33. It helps take your focus off yourself and onto God.
34. It helps bring perspective and feeds the soul.
35. Because gathering strengthens your faith.
36. The discipline of going will help you be disciplined across all areas of life.
37. It will allow for support in times of need.
38. It promotes stability in your life.
39. It helps to promote a happy marriage.
40. It gives you something great to do with your kids.
41. It will help you to improve your self-esteem.
42. It will help your interpersonal skills.
43. It will help increase your ability to cope with the trials of life.
44. It will help you to be a happy person.
45. It will positively influence future generations.
46. It will provide you with an opportunity to share in communion.
47. It will help you be a better member of your local community.
48. It will help develop your children's self-confidence.
49. Your children will learn the Bible.
50. It may keep you out of trouble.
51. It will help give you a sense of purpose.
52. It will shape your vision of the future.
53. It will give you hope.
54. It will help you to know what you believe.
55. It will help you to know what you stand for.
56. It will encourage creativity.
57. Because you want to go.
58. It will give you the opportunity to express yourself in song.
59. It beats staying at home and being alone.
60. You get to put your Sunday best on... (or your skinny jeans depending on your style!).
61. You'll find acceptance.
62. Real forgiveness is found there.
63. The gathering of God's people will help draw you closer to God.
64. Jesus will be there.
65. It will remind you that you're not alone.
66. You're likely to learn something about God, the Bible, yourself, or others.
67. Growth of the fruit of the Spirit will likely happen.
68. It will bring with it tangible and intangible blessing.
69. It will give you something interesting to talk about on Monday at work.
70. Because being planted will help your life to flourish.
71. It reflects a life lived beyond yourself.
72. It will bring joy to your life.
73. You've been promising someone that you'd go and its time to make good on your word.
74. Because it's the right thing to do.
75. It will literally change your life!
How many reasons can you add to this list?!
God's love to you all, Fr. Frank
Please contact Father Frank with pastoral concerns, upcoming surgeries, hospitalizations, illness, etc.
We ask that you continue to hold all those persons listed on our prayer list in your hearts and prayers.
Sunday (Two services): 8:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
Nursery Care is available EVERY Sunday
Wednesdays 10:00 a.m. (year around)
Christian Formation for ALL ages See calendar for dates
Parish Office Hours:Monday, Wednesday 9:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.